Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

To make Nigeria a save place

edited February 2013 in General
Thε̲̣̣̣̥яε̲̣̣̣̥ must βε̲̣̣̣̥ A̶̲̥̅̊ right and everybody most have equal right

Comments

• They most βε̲̣̣̣̥ ℓ<3♡√ε̲̣̣̣̥ and laws emback  Ξѷҿ۴ӳ citizen O̶̷̩̥̊͡ƒ Ʈђε̲̣̣̣̥ country
  • It the work of our police
  • Though the police have a major role to play, every one must also ensure his or her own personal security.
  • edited May 2013
    I will love to categorically state(although, I stand to be corrected) that making Nigeria a safe nation/sate, these things must fall in place:

*Adequate security to life and property by the government to the people. Although, personal security should not be an oversight(you must be security conscious);

*The rule of law must be respected: equality of the law to all, enforcement of the law to all;

*Domestic violence should not be taken lightly: this includes tolerating acts of terrorism shouldn't be debatable;

*There shouldn't be any form of delay or politics in prosecuting offenders: this includes whether or not the offender is a public figure. --Justice should not be sold!;

*Stiffer punishment should be awarded to gross crimes: offences that fall within the purview of cases like lynching and likes.

I believe if these things are in place and enforceable, any nation will be safe to live-in. Nobody will want to dwell in a country where the above stated issues are lacking.
  • edited May 2013
    @Babade, I agree with you: The police should not be the only ones to assure security in Nigeria. I think it should be a collective thing.
  • Savndaniel, apart from thanking you for your comment, I also say that I agree with you regarding the points you gave as the way forward.

God bless Nigeria.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler